Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Free Activity - The Gardens at Springs Preserve

With the changes in the economy, I decided it was time to change the way I spent my free time. I decided to start looking around for things my family could do on the cheap. I stumbled across the Gardens at Springs Preserve. Admission to the Gardens and Trails is free. The Trails close at 6 p.m. or dusk (whichever comes first).

The eight-acre botanical Gardens at the Springs Preserve features a wide range of desert landscapes and demonstrate native and non-native desert plant life with interpretive stations and hands-on activities.

Unique features of the new garden include the Watering Can Theater for irrigation instruction, the Tool Shed Theater, a children’s theater featuring molded mushroom-shaped chairs, a weather station with real-time weather data, the Enabling Garden, which demonstrates options for people who have physical challenges, and the Frame House, a 70-seat kitchen area for outdoor cooking demonstrations.

Here's their site if you'd like more info. http://www.springspreserve.org/html/gardens.html

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget