Friday, March 6, 2009

What to do with all that stuff


I was cleaning out a storage closet last night with my husband and we packed four bags full of stuff to sell or donate. I was planning to take pictures as proof of my tax deduction, but then I ran across this notice of community garage sales in Henderson. This might be a better way for me to share my treasures with people that would appreciate them more than I do. In this economy, every little bit helps.

Giant Community-Wide Garage SalesSaturdays March 14 and 21, April 25, and May 9 and 23

"These community-wide events take garage sales to an entirely new level," said Tanya Myers, Recreation Services supervisor at Black Mountain Recreation Center. "It gives the shopper a huge variety of items to choose from, and it gives sellers the opportunity to find a new home for unwanted items while earning a few dollars at the same time. We take most of the work out of hosting a garage sale because we handle all the advertising, promotion and organization. It couldn't be easier."

Silver Springs Recreation Center will be hosting the event on March 14 and May 9. Black Mountain Recreation Center will be hosting the event on March 21, April 25 and May 23. The 7:00 a.m. to noon event is free to attend for those interested in shopping. For those wishing to sell items, it is $20 per booth or space and set up begins at 5:30 a.m.

For information, look in Henderson Happenings online and search for "Giant Garage Sales."

1 comment:

Gaell said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ann

http://externallaptop.net

There was an error in this gadget