Monday, June 8, 2009

To 529 or Not to 529, that is the Question


My husband and I were discussing last week whether we should go ahead and set up a 529 for the baby on the way. Even though we have one for our son, we’re still a little confused as to the best structure. I was glad to see that the Family-to-family Connection is offering a seminar this week about saving for your child’s college. I’m hoping I can gain some insight into how I should structure it.

I know I won’t be saving much, but even $25 a month will help. Even modest savings can pack a punch if you give them enough time to grow. Investing just $100 a month for 18 years will yield $48,000, assuming an 8% average annual return.

If you’re interested, it’s being held on 6/11 from 10-11. You can call 568-9601 for more information.

1 comment:

Smarry said...

Very nice thanks for the sharing...............

___________________
Smarry
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels

There was an error in this gadget