Thursday, September 3, 2009

Don't Be a Victim of the Latest Scams



I don't know about you, but lately I've been receiving text messages and automated messages on my cell phone warning me of suspicious debit card transactions. I've also received several e-mails telling me to contact a bank or transaction center to reactivate my debit card that has supposedly been deactivated. Once these scammers get you, they ask for personal information that your financial institution would never ask for. One of my e-mails directed me to a Citibank site that looked identical to their real home page. The difference is, once I tried to sign in, they wanted all of my personal information. The real site doesn't ask for that. Be careful out there!

Check out our new security page.
http://tinyurl.com/mfg3bo

It's filled with great information on the latest scams and other security tips that are extremely helpful. And remember, don't give any personal information through your e-mail, text messages or cell phone calls that you receive. Call your financial institution before speaking with anyone else if you think your account may have suspicious activity.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget