Thursday, October 1, 2009

Time to Vote: You've Got Something to Say Entry 1

The results are in and Lauretta's blog entry was one of three entries chosen to go to the voting round of our “You've Got Something to Say" contest.

Please leave a comment that you like her post or give her a “thumbs up.” One vote per person. Hurry, you only have until Friday, October 16 to get your vote in!

Blog Contest Entry 1

Thanks for sharing some great tips! I truly enjoyed and related to "Cooking in Advance Saves Time and Money". After being a stay-at-home mom for many years, I returned to work part-time and later full time. I soon realized the need to plan and prepare meals in advance so our family could enjoy good meals together as well as while we were away at school or work. I cleaned, did chores and shopped on Saturday morning, so our family could "play" the rest of the day. When possible on Saturday evening, I set out my cooking equipment: recipes, utensils and spices. Sunday mornings were quiet, so I often enjoyed a few hours of watching my favorite video, TV or radio program while cooking. I cooked meats, poultry, fish, veggies, casseroles, sauces, soups, stews and dessert treats and froze them for the coming week (or more). The oven warmed our home in winter and the pressure cooker or slow cooker kept it cooler in summer. While cooking, I also prepared our lunch items in advance--organizing and packing our drinks, fruits, veggies and snacks as well as sandwiches (or fixings) that could be refrigerated for the week or frozen until the day before use. "Night before" lunch assembly and breakfast set up were a breeze and made mornings less chaotic. I found that by planning and preparing, we had a bit more time and enjoyment as well as a little more money for savings or special treats.

Now I am retired and our sons have their own lives, I haven't advance planned or cooked nearly as often. Lately I have been feeling shorter on time. Seeing your tips reminded me that I would have a bit more extra time throughout the week just by preparing more in advance! I'm planning ahead again and really enjoying the benefits! Thanks, Nevada Federal!

5 comments:

lauretta said...

Here's my vote for #1--good hints on how to save money and time!

Diane Ridolfi said...

Thumbs up to Loretta, I really enjoyed her story and it brought back alot of old memories when my kids were young.

Nikki said...

My vote is for #1. I can relate to that busy time and being prepared leaves more time for my precious little ones. Im a better mommy when I'm not a stressed mommy

barry said...

Entry #1 gave me good ideas for getting more done.

barry said...

#1 gave me good ideas of how to get more things done.

There was an error in this gadget