Monday, November 16, 2009

It's All A Game


I read recently that most families can cut 25% off their grocery bills by shopping sales. That would be a nice chunk of change for my little family. So I decided to investigate some of the highly rated tools out there.

I came across thegrocerygame.com. If you join, you'll get a weekly list of the lowest priced products matched with manufacturer's coupons and weekly specials - advertised and unadvertised. I decided to take advantage of the 4-week free trial to see what I would get.

The site combines store specials with coupons from the Sunday paper to tell you what the good deals are. I found Oscar Meyer bacon for $1.75 per package, Kraft 2% singles for $1.17 per 10.7 oz package, and Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters for only $1.69 at Smith’s. Since I’m going to Von’s tonight to pick up a $5 turkey, I figured I’d check out what I could get there too. I found avocados for $.33, 1lb of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Sticks for $.99, and Green Giant Canned green beans for $.49. If I were going to use my coupons on a regular basis, it would be worth the $5 monthly fee.

If you’re not really going to clip the coupons, I recommend groceryguide.com. It lists store ads and sorts them by how good of a deal the are. It’s the one I’ve been using for a while now. Good luck on some great savings.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget