Monday, February 15, 2010

Clean and Green


I’ve got two little ones at home, so I’m always on the look-out for things that can make my home just a little safer. As my son is entering his toddler years, I decided I should check out what’s underneath my kitchen sink. When I unhooked the cabinet locks, I was shocked. Like so many others, I’ve accumulated a lot of chemical cleaners over time. I knew I needed to get them out of the house before my son figures out how to open the cabinet and feed them to his little sister!

It was shortly after this epiphany that I read an article about Ed Begley, Jr. For nearly four decades, he has made guinea pigs of himself and his family for the green cause, trying all manner of eco-friendly actions to conserve resources and reduce their footprint. Not only has he timed how long his he timed how long his wife took a shower, he's also drunk his own nontoxic cleaning products, Begley's Best, to show how safe they are (not that he recommends trying this at home). When I read about this, I decided it was perfect for my house.

Begley's Best™ is an all-purpose cleaner designed to replace all other household cleaning products. It’s made from extracts of pine, de-acified citrus, maize, fermented sugar cane roots, and olive seeds. The ingredients are all natural, non-toxic and totally biodegradable in just 3 to 7 days. Begley's Best™ dissolves away grease, grime and dirt, quickly, safely and effortlessly. You can use it on any surface that is compatible with water, such as tile, showers, porcelain, counter tops and cupboards, linoleum, plastics, wood, leather, stainless steel, aluminum, chrome and colorfast fabrics. It is ideal for shampooing and spot-cleaning colorfast carpets and upholstery. It’s the perfect cleaner for use on appliances, large and small, inside or out.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget