Monday, February 22, 2010

Cottage Cheese with that Beef?


Like many of you, I’m always trying to stretch my dollar. I’m also trying to serve healthy meals so that I don’t stretch my pants. So when I came across this idea as a way to save at the grocery, I just had to share.

When I go to the grocery, I buy ground beef in jumbo portions and then repackage them into smaller portions that I can freeze. My sister recently told me that she started mixing in ground sausage, like you use for breakfast, to add flavor to her lean beef. I tried it and mmmm, was it good.

Yet here’s an idea that takes that mix to a whole new level. The idea is that adding cottage cheese to hamburger will enhance the flavor, add protein and allow you to increase servings from four to six per pound. So I’m going to try it. If anyone else has done it, let me know how you faired.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget