Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break Safety



It’s Spring Break for many students this month, leaving many concerned parents while some kids head south of the border or just south to Florida. Times have certainly changed. I went on Spring break about 15 years ago to Mexico, and I don’t remember my parents feeling too concerned about my travels to another country. Of course they told me to be safe, always keep my drink in sight and never stray from my group, but it wasn’t common to warn me of violence and drug wars.

I would recommend sitting down with your kids and/or friends if you or someone you love is heading out of state or out of the country for Spring Break. Be sure to educate yourself of any recent violence in the area and review some safety tips before you or they leave. Stay in touch with your loved ones and be sure you always have your cell phone handy.

Below is a link to an article about Spring Break Safety that offers a few ideas and tips to review before you or your loved ones head out of town for Spring Break.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget