I came across an article where the writer asked his Twitter followers to send him their best money advice in 10 words or less. He was flooded with responses. Here are my favorites:
1. Spend more time, less money.
2. The secret to money management is learning to be content.
3. Don’t borrow more than you can repay.
4. A fool and his money are soon parted
5. Don’t walk away from 401(k) match, regardless of debt situation.
6. Live below your means and save all you can.
7. Better to sell a little early than a little late.
8. Pay yourself first, you can’t give yourself a bill.
9. Spend less than you earn. Earn more.
10. Don’t save at 2% when you’ve got debt at 10%.
11. If you try to get rich quickly, you'll go broke fast.
12. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.
13. Save regularly and spend less than you earn.
14. Learn to love left-overs!
15. Don’t spend money that you don’t have.
16. Don’t be afraid to ask for the savings!
17. Don’t count all your chickens before they’ve hatched.
18. Be thrifty but don’t forget to enjoy yourself
19. A penny saved is more than a penny earned.
20. The only one who cares about your money is you.
21. Before purchasing, I ask myself, “Can you justify the expense?”
22. if you need to use plastic, you can’t afford it!
23. The Jones’ are in debt–don’t keep up with them!
Check out the article for his extended list of submissions.