Thursday, June 16, 2011

Are you ready for Father’s Day this weekend?

Luckily for me and my brothers we are. My Dad decided a few years back that he wanted us to donate some money to a charity instead of buying him a present. I think his decision stems from us getting him many ridiculous gifts over the years that he really doesn’t need (a samurai garden sword comes to mind).

So for me, instead of searching for ideas and things that my Dad probably doesn’t want or need. I just pick a local charity (usually a women’s shelter) and donate around $25.00 or whatever I can afford at the time. And again I just didn’t waste $25.00 on another needless shirt that he will probably never wear.

This has really been great - I think the idea is so helpful, and it makes everyone feel good; my Dad, me and the charity.


Happy Father’s Day to all the father’s out there!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget